Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Spring clean up begins

It's been a busy couple of weeks here, the weather is finally cooperating so I have been able to get some work done out side. 
All of the beds (flower and veggie) are cleared of winter debris.

2 sections of fence are done and put up. Only 6 more to go.

One of the raspberry bed got built and some raspberries planted.

Asparagus bed cleaned and 5 roots planted.

All of the new trees are planted including this Honeycrisp apple that was an impulse buy while I was at Home Depot this week. I could not help it, it was on sale for $11.49, half off. I just love Honeycrisp apples, they are so sweet and juicy. It is a standard size tree so it will tower over the others if I let to go but with a little care and pruning it should fit right in with the others. I hope! 

Impulse buys should not be a habit when planting a garden, you will end up with plants that you have no space for or ones that do not work with your plan. Now I'm not going to lie I had no idea what I was going to do with it when I bought it, it did not fit into my plan for the mini orchard. I had to do some rearranging of the trees that where there (thank God they are still small)  so it would fit and will have to keep it pruned to keep it small but I have accepted that so I could keep it.

And repotted the veggie plants to give them room to grow before they go outside. This is one of two flats waiting for the weather to be right for planting.

I hope you week has been as productive as mine.

Enjoy!









4 comments:

  1. You have been busy :) Getting started on the new garden - it is looking good. The weather is on your side as well - lovely spring sun - the best gardening time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did get to take a little break this past week, my hubby took me on a nice vacation to Florida. but now its back to work.

      Delete
  2. I totally feel you on not impulse buying when planning a garden.. I have TONS of herbs and veggies that I just have no where to put!! Oops, haha..

    Anyhoo, I found your blog through a sustainable bloggers link up site.. just wanted to stop by and say hi! It would totally make my day if you did the same.. or better yet, keep in touch! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I try so hard not to do that but I got so excited when I saw my favorite apple and it was half off. I did find room for it but when it gets full size it will be a little out of place.
      I stopped by your blog and I love it!

      Delete