Sunday, March 15, 2015

Missing Spring

As winter comes to a close and the weather is starting to warm up my little area of the world has been hit with another round of winter storms. I have been patiently waiting for spring to arrive. Being a good gardener, planning my beds for this coming year, ordering new trees and seeds for the veggie beds, so patiently waiting. 

Waiting, waiting and waiting. 


Daydreaming of flowers and the warm sweet air of the fruit trees in bloom. The dirt under my nails, the mud on my boots, grass stains on my jeans, oh the days I so patiently wait for. Ladybugs and butterflies should be coming home soon to fill me in on all of their winter adventures. We will sip tea and lemonade on the patio while burgers are cooking on the grill. Oh the days of warm weather will soon be here. I just know they are just around the corner. 

But for now as I sit here looking at the wintery mix coming down outside my window I shall dream of warmer days.


Oh how I am missing SPRING!

7 comments:

  1. I recognize that waiting and longing. Every year I feel the same during the later part of winter. Spring is a wonderful time and for a gardener it is like Christmas :) Happy, dirty, growing times lies ahead. I hope spring will get to you soon. I look forward to see all the new plants and the progress in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just know spring is right around the corner, you could not tell today of course, its snowing again.

      Delete
  2. We're in Central California, so it kind of feels like summer here already! Where are you located??

    I stumbled upon your blog through a Sustainable Living blog link up site, and just wanted to stop by and say hi!! Looking for like minded blogs to network with and follow! It would totally make my day if you stopped by my blog to say hi.. or better yet keep in touch!! - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello and welcome! I live in Upstate New York have been here my whole life. You would think I would be use to this weather by now. Each year it seems to get worse or I'm getting older and can't handle the cold anymore.

      I would love to stop by your blog and say hi and keep in touch! I am new to this and would love to learn and socialize with others who are like me.

      Delete
    2. Ohh, I love New York! Thank you for stopping by my blog!! I look forward to following yours... I hope spring hurries your way so I can peek in on your semi-urban country life!! ^_^ - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

      Delete
  3. I'm going to buy some flowers today in order to feel the spring.
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete