Monday, January 26, 2015

Chicken Pot Pie


I had a craving today for chicken pot pie, I have never made chicken pot pie but I decided to give it a try.


2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces

2 medium carrots, cut into small cubes

bag of frozen corn

1/4 cup butter, cubed

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

2 cups chicken stock

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

2 cups cubed cooked chicken

1 small onion, chopped

Pastry for single-crust pie 


To cook the chicken
I put 2 chicken breast on to boil 


I then cut up the carrots and potatoes and put them on the stove to cook just long enough to soften.



I then cut up the onions


and sautéed them with garlic powder, pepper and salt to taste.


while I was waiting for that the chicken was done so I cut it up into bit size pieces and set it aside.

When the onions were done I added the chicken stock and mixed in 1/4 cup of flour to thicken.


after it has thickened I added the carrots and potatoes.


they didn't look like enough so I added some frozen corn 


and the chicken


and mixed it all in.


I made a homemade crust but didn't take any pictures of that so here it is. I haven't made a crust in a long time but I think it looks pretty good, don't you?


I filled the pie crust with the filling


and put the top on.

here it is all ready for the oven. I think it looks so good.
Cover it with foil for the first 30 minutes.
Bake at 425° for 30 minutes. 


here it is after 30 mins
Reduce heat to 375°; remove foil. Bake 55-60 minutes longer or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.


All done!


Mmmmm Yummy!

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment