Saturday, December 20, 2014

DIY Christmas Deer

I have been a little bah humbugy lately, something I never have been before. 
I love Christmas, love the lights and decorations. I love the smells of Christmas cookies and eggnog. I decorate my house inside and out, from top to bottom. This year all I did was put up the tree and stockings and called it enough. I have been trying to get out of this funk so I went to the craft store this morning while I was waiting for my hubs to get out of the barbers. 
All of the Christmas decorations and crafts were 70% off. I was a little intrigued and decided to look around and there they were.
These cute little Christmas deer just calling out to me to be decorated.

 I thought this is just what I need to get me going and help me with this funk.
When I got home I knew exactly what I was going to do, wrap them with yarn and add some bows, maybe a few bells.
a few years ago I was working on some craft projects with up cycled yarn from old sweaters. I had some left over that I thought would be perfect for this project. Its rustic and texture, perfect!

I started at the bottom and worked my way up. I'm kind of winging it so I hope it turns out good.


The first one done.
Now for the decorations.



A bow and some bells.



And all done.
I think he look marvelous.

Now on to the second one.
I won't bore you with that one.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment: