Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Homemade caramel from a can of sweetened condensed milk

Ok so I saw this on Pinterest and wanted to try it myself.

Making caramel from a can of sweetened condensed milk. All you have to do is cook an unopened can of sweetened condensed milk in a pot of water on the stove and it will turn into caramel.

This is what I did.

I got a can from my food storage ( mental note: replace can in food storage).


Take the label off and put in a pot of water ( the pot I used had some discoloring when it was done. I think from the 2 metals reacting with each other ). 
Make sure it is covered with water the whole time or it may explode.

Let it come to a boil and boil for 2 hours.

Let it cool and open it. 



Caramel!

 I put it in a container and put in my fridge. I think I will have ice cream sundays tonight after dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment