Thursday, September 4, 2014

My mothers Zucchini bread


With tons of zucchini coming out of the garden and going into the freezer it only make sense to post my moms zucchini bread recipe. I have been making this for years and my mom for many years before me. I get asked all the time from coworkers to make this for them.


3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups white sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 packed cups grated zucchini 
1/2 cup chopped walnuts


1.Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).


2.Mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.

3.Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. 



4. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well.




5. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined.

6. Pour batter into prepared pans.


Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool. You can freeze this recipe and defrost later if you like.
 I like to eat it warm with a little butter.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment