Thursday, July 10, 2014

My Mom's Amazing Apple Crisp


I love apple crisp! It's a quick and easy way to have the goodness of apple pie without having to do all the work of making the crust. Now don't get me wrong I love apple pie too but sometimes I just don't have time to make pie.
My mom use to make this recipe for my sister and I when we were kids. She passed it on to me and I get to make it for my family now and I'm going to share it with you.

5 cups thinly sliced apples (any kind you like)
1 Tbsp cinnamon
¼ cup white sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats 
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS:
1.    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.    Toss apples in a shallow 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp cinnamon and white sugar.

3.    In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, and salt. Mix to blend thoroughly. Cut in the butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in walnuts. Crumble over apples to cover completely.

4.    Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until top is lightly browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Mmmmmm! Doesn't it look so yummy?!

I like to eat it while it's still warm with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment