Thursday, May 29, 2014

Welcome

Welcome to my ramblings about my life. I am a country girl born and bred, my mom taught me how to enjoy the best things in life, good cooking, how to sew, gardening and the great outdoors! I will be sharing some of those great thing as well as the adventures of my life learning how to be a country girl transported to the big city life.

I grew up enjoying all the great things about being country. Bike rides though the countryside, huge garden behind the house, wildlife (deer, turkey, raccoons, etc) just outside my back door, and the oh so wonderful smells of that which is the country. Dairy farms were just over every hill and the vineyards. Oh the smell of the vineyards in the fall! Corn field after corn field, everywhere you looked there were corn fields. Strawberries, tomatoes, beans, and peppers fresh from the garden. Picking apples and pears from the orchard down the road. Ok now I'm just hungry! Anyway you get the picture.

Now fast forward to present day. Well I fell in love and married a city boy. He is the love of my life! We bought a nice home on a half acre of land just on the edge of the city. Not my first choice but a compromise, he wanted to be in the heart of the city, I wanted more country. As I sit here on the patio listening to the cars driving by and the people walking up the street I look around and realize trying to make this a bit more country is going to be quite the task, but I'm going to give it a shot.

I hope you find my adventure interesting and enjoyable, and I hope maybe a little funny. I'm sure there is going to be a lot of trial and error, a bit of learning and a whole lot of fun.  Oh and this is my dog Sam.

isn't he the cutest!?

No comments:

Post a Comment